Gain access to first-hand insights from the industry’s biggest names on what progress has been made and what opportunities lie ahead.
Build the Hydrogen Economy
Hydrogen is transforming the global energy landscape and no more so than in Europe. Last year, the European Commission placed hydrogen at the forefront of Europe's green recovery, with an ambitious plan of achieving 6 GW of renewable hydrogen by 2024, and 40 GW by 2030.
However, the roadmap is unclear. The cost of hydrogen remains high, the business case has not been defined, and the infrastructure requirements are colossal. To build the hydrogen economy in Europe, investments of up to €470 billion will be needed in the next 30 years. Will Europe’s hydrogen bet pay off?
The inaugural Reuters Events: Hydrogen Economy Europe will address these challenges head-on, gathering industry leaders across the public and private sector. Covering policy & regulation, scaling up production, infrastructure, and end-use sectors, attendees will leave with both the critical information and partnerships they need for expansion in Europe.
The hydrogen economy will not be built in a day, now is the time to think big and collaborate.Download the Info Pack
There’s a real tsunami of hydrogen opportunities coming up worldwide. We have never seen such a wave of projects over the last 10-20 years
- Head of Green Hydrogen, Thyssenkrupp
Event and Content Speakers include:
Marco Alvera CEO Snam
Alicia Eastman Co-Founder and President InterContinental Energy
William Rowe CEO Octopus Hydrogen
Baroness Brown of Cambridge Chair Carbon Trust
Ana Quelhas Managing Director - Hydrogen EDPR
Tobias Paulun Chief Strategy Officer EEX
Benny Oeyen Executive Head Market Development Anglo American
Grete Tveit SVP - Low Carbon Solutions Equinor
Hydrogen Economy Europe Agenda at a Glance
Day One: Announcements, Production and the Business Case
Key Panels Include:
- One year review: Europe’s 6 GW by 2024 Green Hydrogen target
- Hydrogen Expansion, Unpacking COP26
- Scaling-up Hydrogen - the Race to the Cheapest Green Hydrogen
- The Business Model for Hydrogen: Securing Finance, Off-take Agreements, and Sector Coupling
Key Conversations Include:
- Is Europe on track to achieve 6 GW of renewable hydrogen in the next three years?
- Understanding the key commitments from COP26 and how this will support the hydrogen economy
- Practical roadmap to $2.00 per keg renewable hydrogen
- Hydrogen’s role as a tradable commodity
Day Two: Infrastructure and Hydrogen Applications
Key Panels Include:
- Repurposing and Developing Transmission Infrastructure
- Ports and Hydrogen Hubs: Building the Import and Export Infrastructure
- Hydrogen Revolution in the Oceans, Skies and on the Roads
- Where to and Where Not to Apply Hydrogen
Key Conversations Include:
- Collaboration to decarbonizing Europe’s gas grid
- Europe’s emerging hubs and their partnerships to produce and transport hydrogen across Europe and globally
- Understanding the many colours of hydrogen and their share of hydrogen production
- Optimal strategy for hydrogen uses and application
5 Reasons to Register a Premium Pass:
- Roundtables designed to help you meet your potential supply chain.
- Our Hydrogen Economy Europe 2021 roundtables have been designed with early commercial relationships in mind, and will help you forge new relationships amongst mainstream Hydrogen developers. Miss this, and you miss your best opportunity to establish yourself as a valued and trusted partner in the space.
- Don’t just listen to the speakers – meet them!
- Our speaker green rooms will provide a place for paying delegates to network with the faculty of leading Hydrogen movers and shakers. Don’t just listen to them – ask your most burning questions in an intimate networking forum. This could be your best shot at connecting with European energy producers, engineering giants, policymakers, regulators and industry – get ahead while you can!
- Find partners, prospect clients and secure market share as a developer, supplier, or advisor.
- In addition to our roundtables and speaker green rooms, use our dedicated matchmaking and messaging platform to book 1-2-1 meetings with a group of elite Hydrogen decision makers.
- Learn how the Hydrogen market will evolve.
- Join 500+ energy executives, ministers of state and industry leaders as they exploring key markets and showcase how you can seize share in the hydrogen economy.
- Group bookings trigger BIGGER discounts.
- Get the team together to attend - now is the time to showcase hydrogen is safe, scalable, and economic.
Who attends Hydrogen Economy Europe 2021?
Consultants, Assurance & Legal
Key Stakeholders to Expect
Five Key Themes for Hydrogen Economy Europe 2021:
- Policy & Regulation
- What governmental support from an EU and national level will get Europe to 6 GW by 2024? Unravel the detail from Energy Ministers and policymakers on how to develop the hydrogen market in Europe.
- Scalability in Europe
- The targets have been set, but how do we get there? Learn from leading developers, utilities, OEMs, and technology providers on how cost competitiveness can be achieved from Hydrogen at Scale.
- Infrastructure Requirements
- Ports, gas grid operators, and other infrastructure stakeholders discuss developing Europe’s Hydrogen backbone.
- Driving up Demand
- Where to and where not to apply hydrogen? How the aviation, mobility, metals, and hard-to-abate sectors can decarbonize with hydrogen.
- Financing Hydrogen
- De-risking the hydrogen economy to support the flow of capital from funds, banks, and alternative investors.
Real Leaders & Decision Makers
From Every Part of the Ecosystem
Take the Lead on Hydrogen. Stand out. Break News.
What’s on offer and how can you get involved:
Present a case-study or show thought leadership through a 15 minute presentation with a live Q&A to all 3,000+ attendees
Live Panel Discussion
Participate in one of the many live panels happening over the 2 days. Sit beside governments, major developers and operators to become the leading authority on key challenges.
Generate leads with a booth in our online exhibition - please note that access to our networking platform is exclusive to our online exhibitors.
Get up close and personal with your clients. Invite an exclusive group of your target clients to join them in deep dive conversation to overcome their biggest challenges and position yourself as the solution.
Six Reasons Why Hydrogen Economy Europe is Unique:
We cannot succeed in transition alone. Join leaders from across the energy spectrum to gear up for the hydrogen economy!
The ONLY forum to deep-dive into case studies from new energy projects, including green hydrogen technology, grid readiness, the supply chain, large-scale projects and more!
Tackling the pressing immediate and long-term questions, with carefully selected themes and discussions guiding you through today and tomorrow’s challenges.
Our editorial colleagues are keen to drive debate and will leave live fireside chats onstage with the biggest names in hydrogen. Prepare for household names to take to the stage with direction-setting insights and industry leading analysis.
Building partners is essential. Enquire about our bespoke 1-2-1 networking through our matchmaking and meetings services, HydrogenLink.
Here to help
Get in touch with the Reuters Events team
The companies with solutions to share.