Offshore & Floating Wind Powering the Energy Transition
With global pressure to reduce emissions and take a step away from fossil fuels, the hero of the day could be offshore wind. With ambitious targets for offshore wind set by the European Commission – to hit 300 GW capacity by the middle of the century – it will require both the well established fixed bottom wind and up-and-coming floating wind sectors to come together and hone in on what’s needed to meet this goal: rapid expansion. Is the industry ready?
Returning for another exciting iteration, Reuters Events: Offshore & Floating Wind Europe (October 13-14, 2021) is back and set to provide a complete update of where the industry is headed, and how it can meet this target. Over 2 days, attendees will leave with not only a strategic outlook of markets, upcoming tenders, contracts and project updates, but also a sense of what is truly possible for the future of this industry that’s garnering increasing global attention (and investment!).
Martin Neubert CCO & Deputy Group CEO Orsted
Aaron Smith Chief Commercial Officer Principle Power
Monika Morawiecka CEO PGE Baltica
Saygin (Sy) Oytan Deputy CEO Vineyard Wind
Rt Hon Anne-Marie Trevelyan MP UK Government
Lisa McDermott Executive Director, Project Finance ABN AMRO Bank N.V
Mikael Jakobsson Managing Director Cierco
Jon Dugstad Director Norwegian Energy Partners
Olivia Thomas Head of Marine Planning The Crown Estate
Leon Prebeau-Menezes Project Manager - World's first at-scale hydrogen power plant (Keadby Hydrogen) Equinor
Cesar Marzabal Head of Procurement Iberdrola
Dr Hannah König Head of Procurement Power Generation EnBW
5 Key Themes addressed at OWEU 2021
Two interactive conferences for fixed-bottom and floating wind professionals
- Grow market capacity to ensure that offshore and floating wind development meets government net zero targets
- Explore how technology, expertise and experience from the oil and gas sector can be implemented to enhance offshore and floating technologies
- Stay up-to-date with power purchase agreements and methods to diversify income streams in the rapidly evolving offshore wind sector
- Demonstrate success in floating wind projects to increase investment, drive market development and accelerate growth
- Monitor progress in proposed grid upgrades that facilitate access to multiple markets.
- Maximise profits with increased market access and dynamic pricing
- Stay up-to-date with emerging opportunities and practical challenges of developing offshore wind capability for the the US market
- Create a resilient business model that provides readiness for a zero subsidy future
- Profile risk for the latest floating wind technologies in order to select the most cost-effective, low-risk and appropriate solution
- Implement latest technologies from design, manufacture, installation to O&M to reduce expenditure and minimise risks
- Adopt a cohesive approach to environmental challenges and develop a nation-wide or region-wide strategy
A legacy of key stakeholders attending #oweu21
Our mission is to accelerate Offshore and Floating Wind’s place in the energy transition; ensuring bids are won, projects delivered and fleets optimised.
Offshore & Floating Wind Europe 2021 Value Proposition
What’s on offer and how can you get involved:
Present a case-study or show thought leadership through a 15 minute presentation with a live Q&A to all 500+ attendees
Live Panel Discussion
Participate in one of the many live panels happening over the 2 days. Sit beside major Offshore and Floating Wind developers, operators and EPCIs to become the leading authority on key challenges.
Generate leads with a booth in our online exhibition - please note that access to our networking platform is exclusive to our online exhibitors
Get up close and personal with your clients. Invite an exclusive group of your target clients to join them in deep dive conversation to overcome their biggest challenges and position yourself as the solution
More Premium Year-Round Content at Your Finger Tips
Business critical insights to keep the market informed
- View our upcoming webinars on the challenges and opportunities in supply chain growth, cutting costs, and discover the role of hydrogen in offshore wind
- See our on demand discussions on floating wind commercialisation and emerging Offshore markets
- View detailed project case studies and what success stories can be transferred
- Access the latest stats and facts on Offshore and Floating Wind projects around the Globe
- Stay up to date with the latest news and analysis
Learn from 25+ online sessions and interact with 50+ speakers
Watch presentations, fireside chats and panel discussions from top industry thought-leaders all day, every day!
Comment and question in real time. Spark conversations with your 500+ fellow attendees. Follow up with interesting ideas in the digital networking suite!
Get in-depth answers in real-time in our live Q&A sessions in each presentation and panel!
Missed a session? Catch-up in your own time through our on-demand service. Imagine Offshore Netflix.
Breakdown of the Supply Chain that Register
Attendees by seniority
Attendees by company type
What our Delegates have said
This is the best event I have attended in years. Great organisation, location and venue. Top calibre attendees and content
Very well attended event with wide range of subject material
The most important thing for me is the possibility of networking with existing and potential customers. This event fulfilled my expectations completely. Great event!
A good event that raised many topical aspects
Excellent opportunity to learn
Good spread of topics that were aligned with the market’s movements
Excellent forum for gaining a detailed insight into the Offshore Wind sector challenges and prospects for the future security of the market segment
Impressive gathering of offshore wind community during WEU Offshore Wind Europe, touching upon today's issues in installation and O&M
One of the best conferences I have attended this year, an excellent agenda and very insightful speakers wrapped up with good networking and audience engagement. All done in a day and half, what more can you ask?
It has been a pleasure to have had the opportunity to attend the Offshore Wind Europe which has been very interesting, it has offered me the opportunity to meet and listen to other professionals of this sector.
Excellent way of meeting new contacts and learning about the latest technology and current state within the industry
Excellent event, wide range of speakers covering some very interesting topics. Good networking opportunities.
The organization was exceptional with a number of speakers of first level, and all topics were treated openly and actively discussed. Really worth participating.
The companies with solutions to share.