This meeting unites executives and CEO’s from across the nuclear decommissioning and used fuel industry to shed light on the latest and most efficient technologies, seize decommissioning market share, and tackle interim and permanent disposal of used fuel head on.
- As pressure on the economics of nuclear mounts, get a clear picture on what plants will be coming up for decommissioning, and how the future of politics can potentially accelerate these decisions
- Stay at the forefront of market and stay one step ahead of the competition
Vladimir Michal Head of Decommissioning IAEA
- Transitioning from an operating to decommissioning philosophy can be extremely hard. Use this session to recognize how to ensure a smooth changeover, and what is needed by Tier 1’s to make this happen
- Decommissioning business models have shifted the ownership of plants significantly in recent years – get the inside-scoop here on what exactly is needed to enable and ensure swift, safe, and effective decom
Kent Cole CEO NAC International
Gerry van Noordennen SVP Regulatory Affairs, D&D EnergySolutions
Jeff Dunlap Manager, Decommissioning Exelon
Michael Callahan Decommissioning Plant Coalition
- With Decommissioning strategy undergoing major transformation, understand exactly what key challenges utilities are facing moving forwards and how to integrate effectively into future strategies
- From regulatory requirements to licence renewal pressure, get to grips with exactly what Nuclear Power Plant owners need to see from the industry to move forwards effectively
Michael Twomey Senior VP Federal Policy, Regulatory & Government Affairs Entergy
- Hear from Canada’s largest utility OPG on exactly what their nuclear decommissioning strategy is for Pickering Nuclear Station, in the short and the longer-term future.
- With waste classification becoming a key issue across Canada, understand here what the strategy is moving forwards
Carla Carmichael VP, Nuclear Decommissioning Strategy OPG
- We all know it’s essential to engage effectively with those do no support nuclear activity in their local area. But how do we make sure all voices are heard, and compromise on nuclear decommissioning activity?
- Learn exactly what is needed from local communities to allow obstacle free decommissioning & used fuel projects to occur unimpeded.
Linda Seeley Diablo Canyon Community Engagement Panel
- As NAC lead the way with key acquisitions regarding the key area of transportation, find out exactly how one of the market’s leaders in spent fuel is getting ahead.
- With transportation becoming ever more present in the industry, tune in here to discover what the future of spent fuel movement looks like
Jeff England Director of Transportation NAC International
- Enhancing technologies is essential. Discover exactly why higher heat loads and transporting high burn-up fuel and are needed, and how you can get involved in the largest projects
- With Westinghouse Century Cask introduced to the market, find out here what’s in store for the market in the future
Keith Mahosky Decommissioning Westinghouse
- As markets start to become increasingly difficult to manage, is in-house investment knowledge needed for utilities and Tier 1’s? Or can service providers fill this void?
- As decommissioning activity heats up over the next 10 years, having these conversations now will position the industry for years to come – make sure you are in the room
David Emerson Senior Vice President & Principal LCG Associates
- As the markets come under even more turmoil, discover here how to keep decommissioning funds safe
- Understand key regulatory and legislative topics and hurdles
Tim Matthews Partner Morgan Lewis
- Learn the value of forming relationships—and engaging early and often—with impacted communities, states, and tribes on nuclear-related endeavors.
- Hear approaches used and lessons learned from those directly involved in outreach to local, state, and federal officials regarding used fuel issues.
Katrina McMurrian Executive Director Nuclear Waste Strategy Coalition (NWSC)
Pamela Gorman Prochaska Director, Nuclear Regulatory Policy & Strategy Xcel Energy
Heather Westra Consultant Prairie Island Indian Community
Access our contentFind out more
Here to help
Get in touch with the Reuters Events team